Thank you for your interest in being a seller at the market. The Nevada City Farmers Market policy is to give preference to farmers and food/value-added vendors and artisans whose practices support our mission:
“To enhance the quality of life in Nevada City and surrounding areas by providing access to fresh high quality locally grown products and other unique food items, a community meeting place and consumer education. To support regional sustainable producers by providing them with direct access to consumers.”
For farmers, we give preference to vendors whose products are grown within 75 miles of the market. Exceptions may be made for specialty items that are not produced locally. We give preference to farms in Nevada County and to those who farm organically and sustainably. For value-added & food vendors, we prefer those who use organic and/or locally-grown ingredients.
Applications are due March 31, 2017.
To apply, follow the steps below:
- First Time Applicants, read the New Vendor Letter 2017 OR
- Returning Applicants, read the Returning Vendor Letter 2017.
- Select and download the appropriate application and follow the steps outlined in the Application Checklist:
- Download the Rules & Regulations 2017. The rules and regulations have changed since last season. All applicants must read and be familiar with them. Please read and sign the signature page and return with your application.
- Mail (or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org) your complete application, signed rules and regulations (signature page only) and additional materials to NCFMA, PO BOX 2476 Nevada City, CA 95959. Farmer/Vendor applications are due March 31, 2017.
You will be notified via email when your application is received and if we need any supporting documents. The Vendor selection Committee will meet in early April to review applications. You will be notified on or before April 15th of their decision.
In the past we have offered booth or plaza space for non-profits to interact with the community free of charge. If your group is interested, please fill out our Community Application 2017 and send to email@example.com.