There are many opportunities each year for your business to become a sponsor of the Saturday Nevada City Farmers’ Market. As a market, our budget is dependent on stall fees that are charged each vendor. The fees generated are not typically adequate to meet the annual budget of the market, and so the market reaches out to the Nevada County business community to solicit sponsorships.
The market is an essential part of the local food economy, and supports farmers, food vendors, artists and others with a venue to meet the public and sell their locally produced goods. More than 45 separate businesses attend the market during the 25-week summer season, including 15 local farmers. Without the cost of brick and mortar, the market provides an important means of earning an income as a farmer and producer of local goods, art and entertainment.
These are some sponsorship opportunities that your business can choose from:
- Music Stage and Performers: $150/week up to 25 weeks, $500 minimum (provides a weekly venue and income for local performing artists)
- Tasting and Cooking Demonstration Booth: $500 – $1000 (funds help staff the booth and purchase non-market ingredients for the tasting booth. Increases purchasing of market products and provides children an opportunity to taste good food, both raw and prepared)
- Low-Income Market Match EBT program – $500 – $1,000 (provides matching dollars for low income patrons of the market at $1 per each EBT dollar)
- Print and Banner Advertising: $500 – $1,000 (help publicize the market and bring more business to downtown Nevada City)
- General: $1,000 or more (helps support the operations of the market, including market manager, volunteer coordinator, infrastructure and more)